Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Eyeglasses










Since flying in to California on July 4th, I feel like I have spent the majority of each day filling out paperwork and delivering or mailing said paperwork. Most of this is related to job stuff, so it is a blessing in that it directly flows from the fact that God has provided me with gainful employment, but it is also a bit trying.
Today I went to Lenscrafters to get my eyes checked out. It has been difficult for my eyes to focus while I'm reading, and I do quite a bit of reading as an English teacher. The woman who helped me was so kind. She made sure that I walked out of the door spending as little as possible. When I received my total bill at checkout with eye exam, lenses, and frames, it turned out that I owed zero dollars. I was an extremely happy lady. The Lenscrafter employee who helped me was a believer who was not shy about her faith at all. She's going through an extremely tough time right now with five children and a husband recently laid off from his job of fifteen years. Because of this, when I said that I was on a tight budget, she responded with enthusiasm and went out of her way to save me every penny possible. She was just as excited as I was when the ending result was that my insurance would cover everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment