Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Great Day

Right now it is about 7am, and the boys are both still asleep. I have coffee brewing and a quiet time waiting, but I wanted to get down the activities of yesterday for a few minutes. Number one: I was successful in making a chai latte. Woohoo! Number two: I fixed a taco dinner for Trey, a big achievement when I've cooked full meals for him less than a dozen times since we've been married. It was so rewarding to see the smile on his face. Number three: I'm reading Elisabeth Elliot's Shaping of a Christian Family. It's been a real encouragement to me as a mommy and a Christian. It was a great reminder that God is good, and it also gave me simple and meaningful ideas to help share my faith with Owen Ray, like reciting Psalm 23 to him as I am laying him down for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment