Thursday, June 5, 2014

Stuart Little Read-Aloud

 Half Price Books - 50¢
At bedtime for the past two weeks, I've been reading Owen Ray and Chandler a chapter of Stuart Little by E.B. White.  We just finished up last night.  One of my favorite things to see happen is that Stuart's adventures have entered into our conversations during the day.  The boys speculated that perhaps Stuart was driving around the living room in his invisible car right as we were having our lunch.  It was so rewarding to see that they were actually soaking up the story each night, enough to fuel their imaginations days later.  
On my part, it was far from a chore.  This 70 year old book feels like it was written yesterday, and I was sad to realize we were on the last chapter last night.  I'm not sure what book is next, but it will have some very large mouse feet to fill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment