Friday, March 20, 2009

66 days

Trey has just looked up how many days he has left before he leaves for Camp Pastor training: 66 days. Owen Ray and I, however, will be a little while longer. Trey will be the M-Fuge pastor at the University of Mobile in Alabama. While this is a summer camp, his training starts earlier, so I'll still be teaching while he's away. I am thrilled for him, but I know I will miss him. Thankfully, I have my second favorite Kenneth to get me through.
Right now is a really tough time at church. Strange things that I never would have predicted are happening. People aren't getting along, and I am glad that the Lord has already planned for us to leave so that Trey can pursue his M.Div. I know that may seem selfish, but I don't think I can handle becoming jaded toward church ministry. I just don't want to have to deal with those feelings of bitterness and hurt. What I really need to do is totally remove myself from the situation, but it's difficult to do when it involves so many people that I love and care for.
On a more positive note, Kelli found out that she is having a baby boy this past Monday. I did a happy dance for a long time. I am so thrilled for her and Matt. How exciting to have one of each! Owen Ray will have buddies in Texas.
Speaking of Texas, I cannot wait to see some green. It has been draining on me to be in the desert these past few years. I miss vibrant colors and grass. When we were out at the soccer fields I felt the need to properly reintroduce him to the grass.
Right now he is trying to get my attention, so I'm afraid I'll have to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment