Friday, March 27, 2009

Car Seats and Recruiters

As of yesterday, both of Owen Ray's new car seats have arrived. I installed them last night to make sure that they are a good fit. I can't believe he has already grown out of his infant car seat. It was really nice to have the two bases, one in each car, so that we could easily transition from one vehicle to the next without having to worry about reinstalling the car seat or buying two separate seats. Now that he's nearing 25 pounds, he is too heavy for me to transport in his infant seat.
Owen Ray now spends most of his time climbing up things, searching out things to climb on, or thinking about searching out things to climb on. He loves to stand up; not such a fan of the falling over.

I meet with a recruiter in Fort Worth on Monday, April 13th for a teaching position. I am excited but nervous. The district I serve in California is very different from FWISD, but I need to find a good job that will support our family while Trey is in school full time. He's hoping to be able to supplement our income, and he's already dong that this summer as a Camp Pastor at the University of Mobile, but I know that a lot of his days will be spent either in class or working on class assignments. If he has to get a job in the evenings, that would mean that we wouldn't have time together as a family. I'm really hoping that it works out for me to find a position as close to the school as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment