Thursday, June 4, 2009

Missing Trey

I officially miss my husband. He has been gone 11 days, so I feel I have every right. Tonight was Katie's graduation (yay KT), and as a faculty member I had the privilege of donning a black gown and hat and marching in, as well. This meant that I had to leave Ray at home with a babysitter. I was husbandless and babyless, and I kinda like those two guys so it wasn't my definition of the perfect evening. However, it was really neat to see Katie lead the pledge of allegiance and transferring of the tassel for her class. Back to the opening; I miss Trey. Driving home tonight at 10:00 PM, I pressed the CD function instead of the radio and it was Hal Ketchem. I want to see my sweet, handsome husband. I want to cross state lines late and night and sing Small Town Saturday Night at the top of our lungs. I want to laugh as hard as he makes me laugh, and I want to smile as big as he makes me smile. I miss his gorgeous smile and mesmerizing eyes (well... I guess it's only eye right now... funny story). But very soon I will get to see him, so it's not so very bad after all.

1 comment: