Saturday, June 6, 2009

School's Out for the Summer

... and I can't wrap my mind around it. In fact, I never realize that things are happening until they have already happened. It's really not a good way to go through life at all. I was shocked when I was expected to drive myself places alone after getting my license. What were these people thinking, after all? Despite studying for the written portion and enduring the behind-the-wheel prerequisite sessions, I was shocked that I had my driver's license. My wedding was the same. I had bought the dress, picked out the colors, and chosen my bridesmaids, yet I was shocked that I actually got married. In fact, even as I was putting on my veil and heading into the church, I didn't actually expect to be married. Fast forward to this Friday, and I can tell you that I did not expect for my students to walk out of the door and not see them again on Monday. It was disorienting when it did hit me. I'm worried that I will do the same thing with our move to Texas. It will not hit me until we are in the car driving away that we are actually moving away from my family. I wish I knew how to change this, but I don't even understand how it works. :(
On a brighter note, I got to talk to Trey today, and he sounds like he is doing much better. Poor guy. At least he got to wear a cool eye patch and talk like a pirate.

No comments:

Post a Comment